Friday, February 22, 2008

Doll Dress w/ Homemade Ribbon Flowers


My mom rescued this naked collectible doll from my niece's toy box and asked me to make a dress for her. I wanted it to be nice, since I was making it for mama :). I purchased some yarn called Peter Pan by Wendy that I'm told is a popular baby yarn in England. I couldn't get it in the US, so I won some on ebay. It is very nice, soft yarn, but reasonably priced. I was nervous about using it at first because it has a lot of nylon in it, & I usually use all cotton. It might have been better used for a sweater than a dress, but I wanted to use something special for this particular project. For the yellow ribbon flowers, I followed a technique for ribbon embroidery I saw on show on DIY. You can find the directions on this link:
http://www.stitching.com/CDA/stitch/stitches/petal.html
I'd love to hear your comments.

No comments: