Thursday, February 7, 2008

My First Button-holes



I have no idea if what I have in my head will come out through the hook. This dress was soooo easy. I decided to put button holes in this one. I can't believe I have been so intimidated by putting in button holes before! I added twice as many DC to make the skirt fuller than the bodice, but somehow those extra stitches got "absorbed". The skirt wasn't as full as I would have liked, but oh well. The bodice is a sc, but the shell pattern for the skirt goes like this: Row 1 of skirt (after putting 2 sc in each sc of bodice): 1 sc in next 3 sc, ch 3, skip 2 sc repeat to end of row. Row 2: 5 dc in the ch-3 space (shell), sc in middle of the 3 sc set, repeat Row 3: 1 sc into each the middle 3 dc in the shell, ch 3, skip next 3 stitches, 1 sc into ea of next 3 dc in middle of shell repeat.
Hopefully you get the general idea :) I suppose I should have made booties, 'cause her feet look awfully cold, don't they?

No comments: